In order to meet the demands of our ever-changing energy requirements, we continue to offer you the very best in metering technology. We have teamed up with several industry-leading manufacturers boasting over 20 years of metering experience. Ekhwesi is able to offer you a full Smart metering solution that actually works.
Ekhwesi Energy offers full AMI solutions for Electricity and Water management.
What Is Ami/Smart Metering?
A smart meter is an electronic device that records information such as consumption of electric energy, voltage levels, current, and power factor.
Smart meters communicate the information to the consumer for system monitoring and consumer billing. Smart meters typically record energy near real-time and report regularly at short intervals throughout the day.
Smart meters enable two-way communication between the meter and the central system. Communications from the meter to the network may be wireless, or via fixed wired connections such as a power line carrier (PLC). Wireless communication options that are commonly used include; cellular communications, Wi-Fi, wireless mesh networks, low power long-range wireless (LoRa), and ZigBee.
Smart meters can be run in prepaid or postpaid modes.
What Do Ami/smart Metering Systems Offer?
What Are the Benefits of Smart Prepaid Meters?
1. Cost-Saving - Customers will be able to monitor and have control over their consumption and use their electricity more efficiently and sparingly
2. Improved customer service - Queries relating to electricity billing will be eliminated and real-time outage detection will enable clients to respond faster to faults in the field
3. Reduced Theft and Fraud - as smart meters have anti-tampering technology and tamper alarms which are linked to the management system to report malfunctions and detect meter bypassing
4. Proactive Customer Notification – SMS and email reminders to notify customers when they are running out of credit and need to top up can be sent
5. Other benefits include: Improved safety, reliable and stable electricity supply, fewer power outages, and improved control.